Over a half century of empowering people as they age
- 1965 - Foster Grandparent Program launched as one of the first projects of its kind in the country to match low-income older adult volunteers with children in the Broward County School Board.
- 1970 - Broward County Foster Grandparent Committee, Inc. was incorporated.
- 1978 - Name changed to Broward Grandparents
- 1988 - Senior Companion Program launched to match stipended low income older adult volunteers with adults having exceptional needs, developmental disabilities or other special needs for companionship.
- 2003 - Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) launched to bringing all three of the Senior Corps programs under one organization.
- 2004 - Name changed to Senior Volunteer Services, Inc..
- 2005 - Respite for Caregivers launched to have senior volunteers provide respite to family members and loved ones providing constant care for a homebound senior.
- 2010 - Veterans Helping Veterans is added to the RSVP programs, supporting veterans with their individual needs.
- 2011 - Name changed to Impact Broward
- 2015 - 50th Anniversary celebrated
- 2017 - Caregiver Assistance Program launched
- 2018 - Rebranded to South Florida Institute on Aging, a new think and act tank to empower people as they age. SoFIA's technology training is launched.